Tuesday, February 19, 2008

a Golden Compass and a Swift Kick in the Teeth

So it has recently been brought to my attention--via several chain emails and Myspace bulletins,that we are to SHUN this movie "Golden Compass" due to the fact that in the book, the children are "out to kill God".

uh huh... tell me more.

The book further goes into the fact that SHOULD these children kill God, it woud create chaos.

Hmmm, well THAT seems like a lesson worth learning, no?

But I digress, it is the idiot religious sect that has me gnashing my horrible teeth and rolling my horrible eyes (sorry, threw in a "wild things" reference just for fun).

People, IT IS A BOOOOOOOOOOOK.

Hey, remember this one.. "SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE".

yeah, a book about eating people, yet that must be something the world religions are not concerned with as I heard no protest on that one.

What about almost every Shakespeare anything which includes a range from murder to incest....anyone? anyone? beuller?

Then there is, of course, the book which speaks of the killing of Christ, nay, the TORTUROUS killing of Christ.


I think it is called the BIBLE?

Good gravy people, it is a BOOK, not a mind control device.

Wait, what am I SAYING???

Even if it WERE written as the "stereo manual" of murder and somehow chanted on a nightly basis to an unsuspecting socially inept bible thumping nerdlet while he slept in his plastic sheet covered twin bed...

IS there a fear that he is going to find GOD and put a cap in his holy ass?

Oh, Christ on Cracker.

I'm moving to Tibet to live with the monks.

No comments: