Tuesday, February 19, 2008

cell phones of mass destruction

Cell phones are the downfall of our relationships?

One of my friends just commented that he broke up with his "this is the one" girlfriend because she was "too jealous"

know what she was doing?
guess?

She had answered his cell phone and checked it, etc.

*gasp*

I know most if not ALL of you are thinking to yourselves...SHE HAD NO RIGHT! THAT IS AN INVASION OF HIS PRIVACY!

really?
REALLY?

I mean, come on... they are in a relationship.
Should they even HAVE private calls/texts if that's true?

Should it be considered "snooping" to "check your significant other's phone"?

I say no.
Let's examine this.

10 years ago nobody even HAD the damned things right.
We had what?
HOUSE PHONES (and answering machines).

Can you imagine telling your spouse/significant other they can't answer the HOUSE PHONE?Would you even HAVE seperate house phones?
um, no.

Shouldn't CELL phones only be an extension of the HOUSE phone if you are in a relationship?

Would you think your spouse/steady was out of bounds by answering your house phone?
or talking to anyone who called it?


When did we become this sneaky society of MY private phone and YOUR private phone?

Hell, the Brady's only had one damned phone and it was in the Kitchen where the most privacy you could get was to stand in the den with nothing but a bi-fold door between you and Alice.

*yes I know they had on in the living room and later in the master bedroom, but shaddup I am making a point here.

SO, when did we become this group of"I'll share my bed/life/family with you, but you are crossing the line if you think you have a right to my PHONE!"

comments?
am I alone in thinking we, as a society, need to BE more trustworthy if we expect to be able to trust others.


No comments: